Thursday, May 7, 2009

NSS- getting ready!




So, I am in my final week of preparation for the National Stationery Show. I cannot believe how close it is and everything that has gone in to this. Such a huge investment for me and so unsure of the outcome. It's pretty scary but I ma pretty proud of myself for taking this step for my company and just going through with it.


There have been several times when I have really considered not doing this, but then I realized that this COULD be a nice stepping stone for EMMA J CARDS. Even if I get NO orders, I will be grateful for the opportunity to network and meet a ton of people in the industry and just get my product out there.

My business really started from nothing. I dreamt this up in the shower one morning 3 years ago and it's now a huge reality. It really proves that you can do ANYTHING if you put a lot of work in to it, feel passionate about it and never give up.

I would spend days just researching this business and finding every card company on-line that I could and seeing what is possible. What really inspired me was the fact that many of these companies are run by one or two people and many of them just like me- running it out of their small apartment. There is so much competition in this industry, which can be very daunting, but it's such an amazing bunch of creative people that run this industry. Whenever I have been clueless about something and asked a fellow greeting card designer for help, they have always offered SO much help. This was huge for me!

Anyway, gotta get to work on this big show. I have an 8 x 10 booth to fill and time is running out!

No comments:

Post a Comment